It's is made with roasted beet and chickpeas, Serve it as a appetizer or snack with crackers or pita!
- 1 roasted beet
- 1 can (15 oz) conserved chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tap salt
FOR GARNISH : Roasted chickpeas, parsley and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse, scrub and cut off the root of the beets and wrap them in parchment paper. Place the beets in the oven and roast for 55-60 minutes until tender. Remove and let cool.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and remove the skins by gently rolling the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel. The skins will naturally come off.
- Peel the beet and cut it into half.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds. This helps whip the tahini, making the hummus more smooth.
- Add the beets, chickpeas, water, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice.
- Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 1-2 minutes or until well blended. Serve and enjoy!