Indian Culinary Forum (ICF) and Rich’s India present Dress The Cake, a Virtual Competition for Chefs at Home in July 2020.
This virtual competition is proudly bought to you BY INDIAN CULINARY FORUM in collaboration with RICH’S India and supported by Culinary associations. The Competition will test the cake dressing ideas and confectionery skills of chefs at home who are currently grounded at home due to the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic.
Rich’s India, a global food supplier and serving India with delicious and quality products and Indian Culinary Forum understands the significant challenges that Covid19 has forced on individuals, families, and businesses. This competition is about showing that there are endless possibilities and we can still do things that we enjoy, and at the same time ensure that we keep communicating with one another through digital platforms and stay connected.
This event is strictly limited to 50 participants for Professional and 50 participants for Home Chefs category of India's Chefs at home. They will be able to showcase and display their skills towards dressing of a cake to the world from their very own place. There will be two categories of competition - one for professionals and other for home bakers.
Unusually, there will be NO tasting in this competition, but the judges will be specifically looking at the technique, passion, knowledge of the product, presentation, dressing and plating skills, to determine the finalists and the winner.
There will also be 10% weightage to the candidate’s video based on views, likes and comments. The winners will be purely selected on expert’s judging.
Prizes and Certificates
- The winners will be getting an E-certificate from ICF along with the exciting gifts by Rich’s India.
- Rich’s will sponsor gift vouchers for the winners for both categories.
Registration & Restricted entries
- The Registration of this competition is FREE.
- The Registration is limited to ONE entry per participant.
- This competition is only for those residing in India.
- The Competition will be limited to 100 registrations on first come first serve basis prior to the closing date outlined.
- One can follow / like ICF Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/IndianCulinaryForum/) so that one can be tagged during any updation or post and Stay Tuned.
- Participants will be asked to TAG Richs on Social media pages.
Rules and Terms of Competition
- Anyone above 18 years of age.
- One must have a Smart phone to make a video.
- Only individuals can participate (no organisation /institution allowed).
- Rich’s will supply 2ltrs of Whip topping to selected competitors at their house to dress the cake.
- In case Rich’s is unable to deliver you ingredients because of any unavoidable reason. Whatsoever, one can still participate but has to arrange the ingredients by himself / herself. Or the participant can withdraw their name from the competition.
- This competition is strictly for the ones at home due to pandemic.
- An email to be sent post dressing the cake with below:
• cake picture
• cake with participant picture
• Video in mpeg4 or mp4 format.
- Email id: info@indianculinaryforum,org.
- The video should not be more than 5 minutes.
- 10% weightage will be given to the Likes and comments on the video posted on ICF YouTube CHANNEL.
- Indian Culinary Forum reserves the rights to use the video for promotion of the event at ICF social media platform. Participants can share, tag or comment on the video post once uploaded by ICF (but do not upload the same video until the end of the event).
- Registration Opening Date 4th July 2020.
- Registration Closing Date 10th July 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- Confirmation of Participation by the ICF 12th July 2020.
- Rich’s India product(s) delivery begin on 12th July 2020 and end by 17th July
- Submission of Videos by participants by 5:00 PM on 25th July 2020
- Finalists will be announced on Wednesday 5th August 2020
- The winner will be announced on 5th August 2020, after the judging by experts and YouTube video Likes.
Terms and conditions
- Participants will be expected to submit one video before the last date by 5:00 PM on 25th July 2020.
- Participants must send their edited videos to Indian Culinary Forum (ICF) before the cut-off date and time.
- The Finalists will be determined by the judging panel with their scoring being based evenly on;
a) Presentation skills
b) Techniques displayed
c) Passion in culinary preparation
d) Knowledge of the product
e) video quality
f) 10% of the weightage will be given to likes on the participant’s video they receive on their video posted
g) The video will be posted on Indian Culinary Forum ‘You Tube’ channel between the 26th July 2020 and 3rd August 2020
- Winner for each of the two categories which will be judged by esteemed jury members from Indian culinary Forum and Rich’s.
- Participants must submit each video using the selected Rich’s product before the given deadline of 5pm on 25th July 2020.
- In the video the participant must introduce the Rich’s product used, key attributes and about ICF.
- Explain how the Cake dressing to be done.
- Adhere to the video guidelines (refer above).
- Informing the audience as to where can they purchase Rich’s products.