FHRAI - Reopening Manual for Hotels & Restaurants
The Federation of Hotel & Restaurant Associations of India - FHRAI has laid down a Manual on Reopening of Hotels & Restaurants post lockdown. This implementation is based on FSSAI and others and is exclusively for the HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY.
DEFINING THE RELEVANCE
- Caused by virus Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
- Declared as pandemic by WHO on 12/3/2020.
- Its not food borne !!!...Then why this ?
- To be extra vigilant in ensuring health and hygiene of staff.
- To prevent any surface to be contaminated with droplets and further carried resulting in spread of the virus.
This document explains and touches several points including mandatory rules to be followed all the times by FBOs, Personal Hygiene, Face Covering Guidelines, How to wash hands, Wearing Gloves, Essential Elements like appointing Special Officer or Coordinator for covid 19. It also explains about Guest Handling, Guest Rooms, Room Service, House Keeping Plan, Improved Uniforms, Food Services, Chef Priorities, Kitchen manpower planning, Disinfection, Recommended chemicals, Material handling and much more.